DOWN EAST MAGAZINE, May 2015 : Hardy Boat Cruises Listed in top “5 Super-Scenic Boat Cruises” and “From Our Archives” a partial reprint of a Down East Magazine article from 1977 “Puffins From The Past”…click here!
THE BOSTON GLOBE, GLOBE MAGAZINE, April 5, 2015: The Puffins of Eastern Egg Rock and Hardy Boat Cruises featured in “What it takes to restore the puffin to Maine’s islands”…click here!
NPR – PUBLIC RADIO INTERNATIONAL’S ‘LIVING ON EARTH’, May 15, 2015: Steve Curwood speaks with Dr. Steve Kress and Derrick Jackson about their new book “Project Puffin: The Improbable Quest to Bring a Beloved Seabird Back to Egg Rock”. Click here for audio and here for transcript. This is an excellent resource for Puffin information.
DOWN EAST MAGAZINE, May, 2010: Hardy Boat Cruises featured in “Deckhand for a Day”. Journalist Liz Peavey joins us for a day in the life of a deckhand aboard a Monhegan Island ferry a writes to tell about it…click here!!
VIDEO / YOUTUBE CLIPS
Listen/Watch “Puffins, Little Fish and Climate Change” a 2018 talk by Dr. Steve Kress…click here!
WCSH, PORTLAND, ME, May 2010: “Liz Peavey’s turn as a Monhegan Island Ferry mate” based on the Down East article “Deckhand for a Day”, May 2010…click here!
SMITHSONIAN.COM: “Saving The Puffins” The Hardy III is seen in the first few frames circling Eastern Egg Rock…click here!
SMALL BUSINESS SCHOOL, August, 2006: “Customers from Everywhere” Hardy Boat Cruises featured in ‘Marketing on The Web’…click here!
Video on sea bird conservation on Metinic Island
Hardy Boat Cruises highlighted in Small Business School, WGBH Boston’s The Chronicle and more…
HARDY BOAT CRUISES AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- 2018 “Best Of Maine” cruise/excursion boat from Downeast Magazine.
- 2014 Hardy Boat Cruises is presented with the Lincoln County Fire Chief’s Association’s “Community Merit Award”. It was said, “Whether in conjunction with Training evolution, an exercise, or real world event, they are never too busy or overworked to make sure that the county personnel involved – Law, fire, EMS, or EMA/Communications – are well-taken care of, AND at no cost. We at the county level would find it very difficult to provide the on-going hands-on training and assistance to our island friends were it not for the generosity of this year’s awardee. We are very fortunate to have a family-owned business such as this in our community – it’s what makes Maine, Maine – and greatly appreciate their long-standing and very generous support of local emergency responders.”
- 2014 Hardy Boat Cruises involved with study by Stantec tracking the migration of bats via nano-tagging.
- 2007 Hardy Boat Cruises is featured in “Coastal Choices: Conserving the places We Value” a DVD and informational packet aimed at educating and inspiring political and other leaders about issues on the Maine coast. The project was made possible by the Maine Coast Protection Initiative (MCPI) with assistance from GrowSmart Maine, Island Institute, Maine Coastal Program/Maine State Planning Office, Maine Natural Areas Program, NOAA, The Land Trust Alliance, The Nature Conservancy, and us Fish & Wildlife Service Gulf of Maine Program.
- 2006 Hardy Boat Cruises awarded the Gulf Of Maine Visionary Award by the Gulf of Maine Council on the Marine Environment (gulfofmaine.org). The award states “Capt. Al Crocetti and Stacie Crocetti have grown Hardy Boat Cruises into a quality sustainable nature-based tourism business in the Gulf of Maine. As nature tour operators, they maintain a high standard: assuring that their business is good for the communities with which they work and which incorporates quality marine education. Hardy Boat Cruises has successfully achieved their vision to have a business that sustains both them and their community and the health of the marine environment.”
- 2002 Hardy Boat Cruises part takes in the symposium “Nature-based Tourism in Maine – Legacy & Opportunity” at the University of Maine, Orono. The research was funded in part by grants from Maine Office of Tourism and the Maine Agriculture and Forest Experiment Station.
- 2001 Hardy Boat Cruises awarded US Coast Guard “Certificate of Appreciation” in ‘recognition of notable services which have assisted greatly in furthering the aims and functions of the Coast Guard for outstanding commitment to passenger safety and regulatory compliance for 2000’.
- 2001 Hardy Boat Cruises becomes a case study for research for the Parks, Recreation and Tourism Program at the University of Maine.